High-performance ESP8266 microcontroller (ESP-12E) with 802.11 b / g / n WLAN and integrated 25dBm antenna
Comfortable prototyping by simple programming via Lua script or Arduino code and breadboard-compatible design (28mm pin-bar pitch).
Dimensions (LxWxH): 58 x 31 x 13 mm
ESP8266 comes with capabilities of
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n, supporting WPA/WPA2),
- general-purpose input/output (16 GPIO),
- Inter-Integrated Circuit (I²C) serial communication protocol,
- analog-to-digital conversion (10-bit ADC)
- Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) serial communication protocol,
- I²S (Inter-IC Sound) interfaces with DMA(Direct Memory Access) (sharing pins with GPIO),
- UART (on dedicated pins, plus a transmit-only UART can be enabled on GPIO2), and
- pulse-width modulation (PWM).
It employs a 32-bit RISC CPU based on the Tensilica Xtensa L106 running at 80 MHz (or overclocked to 160 MHz). It has a 64 KB boot ROM, 64 KB instruction RAM and 96 KB data RAM. External flash memory can be accessed through SPI.
ESP8266 module is low cost standalone wireless transceiver that can be used for end-point IoT developments.
To communicate with the ESP8266 module, microcontroller needs to use set of AT commands. Microcontroller communicates with ESP8266-01 module using UART having specified Baud rate.