The LM1117 is a low dropout voltage regulator with a dropout of 1.2 V at 800 mA of load current.
The LM1117 is available in an adjustable version, which can set the output voltage from 1.25 to 13.8 V with only two external resistors. In addition, it is available in five fixed voltages, 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V, and 5 V.
The LM1117 offers current limiting and thermal shutdown. Its circuit includes a Zener trimmed bandgap reference to assure output voltage accuracy to within ±1%.
A minimum of 10-μF tantalum capacitor is required at the output to improve the transient response and stability.
1• Available in 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V, 5 V, and Adjustable Versions
• Space-Saving SOT-223 and WSON Packages
• Current Limiting and Thermal Protection
• Output Current 800 mA
• Line Regulation 0.2% (Maximum)
• Load Regulation 0.4% (Maximum)
• Temperature Range
– LM1117: 0°C to 125°C
– LM1117I: −40°C to 125°C.
• Post Regulator for Switching DC–DC Converter
• High Efficiency Linear Regulators
• Battery Chargers
• Portable Instrumentation
• Active SCSI Termination Regulator